This resource sheet was published by the Australian Centre for the Study of Sexual Assault.
- provides an overview of GLBTIQ communities, and explores the key differences, debates and complexities around gender identity, sexual practice/sexuality, and biological sex;
- draws together the current research on GLBTIQ sexual violence;
- discusses the limitations of current research;
- identifies issues with service provision to GLBTIQ victim/survivors;
- explores the key barriers to disclosing and reporting experiences of sexual violence; and
- provides some key resources for members of GLBTIQ communities.