Supporting & Caring for Transgender Children was produced in partnership between the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and the American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians (ACOP). It reflects the experiences of expert clinicians, including pediatricians and mental health professionals—and features the families of transgender children from across the United States.
- Explains the difference between children who are gender-expansive and those who are transgender
- Outlines why experts, based on emerging scientific evidence, are embracing a "gender-affirming" approach
- Describes what it means to affirm a child's gender identity through "transition"
- "Debunks myths about transgender children and "gender-affirming" care
- Recommends steps that families and community members can take to support transgender and gender-expansive kids in their lives
|Supporting and caring for transgender young people||1.75 MB|